I mentioned in an earlier post that I am selling my own home. It's given me a clear vantage point for how rude some realtors can be.
- We've had realtors make appointments to show early on a weekend morning. We've gotten up early and left with the children, drove around for 2 hours only to come back and see no business card. My husband and I were left in limbo - did they come or not. When I followed up with the realtor he said "Didn't see we ran out of time." - At 10am?
- Many realtors don't leave their cards so were are not sure who has been through our home.
- Yesterday (Memorial Day) someone rang the doorbell and told my husband she was a realtor and she wanted to show our home. He asked her to give him 2 minutes. He said he ran upstairs to grab the kids and to make sure they had not made a huge mess when they were playing. When he came back down he opened the door to see the woman driving away. When he called her she said "Maybe we'll try to stop back." Needless to say he was furious!!
- Many realtors don't give feedback on the property. I have an email feedback service and I got feedback the other day that said "Absolutely uninterested". Now it was my turn to be furious. I don't mind if your buyers aren't interested in my home, however, as a professional courtesy you can provide some feedback about condition, price, etc.
- Less than 25% of the realtors who have been through my home have responded to the email feedback requests that they receive from me. I feel that it is an important part of my job to provide useful feedback to a listing agent when it is requested.
If you or someone you know would like information about buying, selling, or renting a home in Prince George's, Montgomery, Charles, Calvert, Anne Arundel, Howard, and/or Baltimore Counties please contact Dr. Stacey-Ann Baugh of Century 21 New Millennium.
Dr. Stacey-Ann Baugh
Century 21 New Millennium
FINALLY! A DOCTOR WHO MAKES HOUSE-CALLS!
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed!